March 17, 2011

Why I want to be a Blogger?

Since 2004, I've been sending my entries to the INBOX section of the Philippine STAR after I was given a Nokia 3310 by my eldest son which took me sometime to familiarize its use.  As a daily reader of the STAR which I avidly peruse from cover to cover, finding my entries to INBOX published gives me exhilarating pleasure and pride.  Failure to see my entries published will sadden my day but hoping my future entries will eventually see  print.  I can't help reminisce when my letters to the Editor of the defunct Philippine Daily Express during the '70s were published.  I preserve my clipping which was mercifully untouched by "Ondoy" which destroyed my other INBOX clippings.

Of course, my interest to be a Blogger can be credited to Ed Zafra, a long time Blogger, with whom I got acquainted with when I filed accreditation papers for my Internet Cafe.  Ed, as a past President of the Internet Cafe Association of Marikina (ICAM), processed my papers then as required in applying for a business license. Though my I-Cafe had to close due to financial difficulties, I maintain my close ties with some ICAM colleagues and remain an active member of I-Cafe Pilipinas, an advocacy group organized by Ed and his friends in the I-Cafe industry.

Accordingly, as a Blogger, my frustrated dream to be a journalist will somewhat find a sense of realization even at the twilight of my aging years.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention. Congratulations on your new blog and welcome to blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete