July 23, 2011

Writing, the Second Love of My Life, the Denouement

Certainly, the series of setbacks which befell my former Group in our promotion of Modern Abattoir among many local government units compelled me to take a respite from my writing activities. Although, my advocacy concerning the plight of World War 2 veterans and their surviving did require me to write many letters addressed to the Office of the President at Malacanang Palace and the Philippine Veterans Affairs Office.

In 2004, my interest was aroused by the Inbox section of the Philippine STAR, of which I have been a regular reader since the very first date of its publication. With a hand-me-down Nokia 3310 cellphone, I commenced texting my entries on the Inbox question of the day. Whenever I got hold of my daily copy of the STAR, after perusing the front page, invariably the Inbox section would be the cynosure of my attention. Seeing my entry published would please me immensely. Of course, a tinge of disappointment would befall on me should my entry failed to be published, hoping it would not be so in the next issue of the STAR.

In 2008, our family decided to engage in Internet Cafe business which was managed by my second son who had five years experience as a computer shop attendant. Thus, I shifted to emails in sending my entries to the STAR Inbox where I gained more inspiration as I got recognition as one of the top Texters with prizes to boot. Yet, my smug confidence was shattered when I unwittingly incurred the enmity of a key Inbox Staffer. I emailed my complaint to the STAR Editor that my prize as the No. 4 Texter was yet to be delivered which was attended to immediately by the Inbox Staff. After my STAR jacket was finally delivered to my residence then some cold treatment was rendered to my Inbox entries. Many of my entries failed to see print in Inbox, sometimes for a week or two, up to the present. Although I feel desirous to complaint again to the STAR Editor, I just let it go. I just pray to God that said Inbox Staffer be blessed to move on for more blessings in life. Still, I have remained a loyal STAR reader from its beginning until the end of my life.

Now that I have belonged to the wonderful world of Blogging, I nurture the hope, the dream and the ambition to be a full-fledged Writer, be it an Essayist or a Novelist.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment